With hiring going global and remote work a new normal, you must modernise your business’s human resources management system (HRMS) by choosing an effective HR management software.
Capterra reported that 65% of small US businesses use HR software while 15% are planning to use it in the coming 1-2 years. Moreover, a survey of 118 HR leaders by Gartner found that 46% of them consider HR technology as their top investment priority.
BambooHR is the go-to choice for many. However, there are other HRMS that you can use without breaking the bank.
BambooHR Features and Limitations
BambooHR is one of the most well-known HRMS solutions for small to medium-sized businesses.
It has several useful features like user-friendly job postings, automated onboarding and offboarding, a centralised employee database, and a mobile app. But it is not perfect. There are several drawbacks of BambooHR, which may push you to look for other options.
For starters, you cannot access essential HR features, such as onboarding, offboarding, ATS, and chat/phone support with a basic plan subscription. Moreover, you have to pay additionally to use payroll, time tracking, and performance management modules.
So let’s check out the best BambooHR alternatives and weigh their pros and cons to find you the best HRMS for your business.
5 Top BambooHR Alternatives For HR Management In 2023.
C-PEOPLE is an excellent all-in-one HR software developed by ContinuSys as part of its Integrated Business Management System (IBMS). It is designed for all HR professionals, independent or part of a team. It offers you a complete set of features to streamline HR processes and improve efficiency.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Applicant Tracking System (ATS): From job posting to sending custom job offers, ATS can help you speed up your recruitment process. It includes recruitment tools, candidate sourcing tools, resume checker, candidate tracking software, and offers based on evaluation.
- Pre-Onboarding: With this feature, you can engage with recruits even before they join your company. You can communicate with them, collect necessary documents, and create custom onboarding lists.
- Employee Database Management: Maintain a secured, centralised, and GDPR-compliant database of employee information using this module. Access employee details, staff directories, and organisational charts easily with this feature.
- Time-Off Management: C-PEOPLE helps you efficiently plan and track staff leave, ensuring smooth operations even when employees are on leave. Features include a leave management system, custom time-offs, timesheet approval, and time-off management.
- Company Management: Streamline the management of global aspects of your company, such as time zones, branches, shifts, and departments. Customise C-PEOPLE’s company management platform with your logo.
- Mobility and Flexibility: With an internet connection, you can access C-PEOPLE mobile and web apps from any location, with any device. Also, this platform is highly flexible so you can integrate it with all your existing HR processes to avoid disruptions.
- Easy to use even for non-tech users
- World-class data protection
- An all-inclusive HR platform
- Outstanding 24/7 customer support
- Payroll and performance management modules not included
Why Choose C-PEOPLE?
There are several reasons you must go for C-PEOPLE without a second thought. Here are some compelling reasons:
- Access to all 14 apps in the ContinuSys IBMS when you opt for C-PEOPLE
- Industry-leading features – from onboarding to HR management
- Robust reporting and analytics
- World-class data security
- Anywhere, any device access
If you want a feature-rich HR solution built for both local and global teams, go for Rippling. It allows you to manage two to more than 2000 employees and is highly scalable.
Rippling stands out for its ease of use and offers a wide range of advanced features, including
- Global Payroll and Benefits Administration
- Time and attendance tracking
- Quick onboarding and offboarding
- Workflow automation
- Talent and Learning management
- PEO (professional employer organisation) services
- Pulse surveys
- An all-in-one solution with a user-friendly interface
- Highly automated, customisable, and scalable
- Comprehensive setup support
- Overwhelming amount of tools and dashboard options
- Costly option for basic payroll
- HR, IT, and Finance modules sold separately
- Pricing not available on its website
- No free trial or direct customer support
Why choose Rippling?
Rippling is a one-of-a-kind system that combines HR, IT, and Finance modules in a single integrated workforce management solution. It also provides a robust spend management system integrated into the platform.
Reviews: Capterra – 4.9/5, G2 – 4.8/5
If you’re a small business in need of comprehensive HR software that simplifies onboarding, payroll, and benefits management, Gusto could be the perfect fit for you.
While Gusto may not have all the advanced features, it covers all the core HR functions you need for a small US business.
Its features include:
- Employee onboarding and self-service portal
- Time tracking and leave management
- Payroll and benefits management
- User-friendly interface
- Intuitive onboarding process
- Easy payroll management with automatic tax filing
- Transparent pricing options
- Per-user pricing expensive at scale
- Lacks invoicing and accounts receivable features
- No payments outside the US
Why choose Gusto?
Gusto is an ideal alternative to BambooHR if you require a simple yet thorough HR solution focusing on core HR functions.
One area where Gusto shines is its payroll management and time tracking. It also offers robust employee benefits management, including health plans. Additionally, it allows you to set up new employees quickly with an excellent employee onboarding experience.
Reviews: Capterra – 4.6/5, G2 – 4/5
4. Workday HCM
Unlike any other tool, Workday HCM is an enterprise HRIS that offers you a unique combination of finance, HR, and planning modules all in one. Companies like Toyota, Salesforce, and Visa trust and use Workday HCM.
The core HR functions offered by Workday HCM include:
- Onboarding & Offboarding
- Employee & Payroll Management
- Time Tracking & Attendance
- Benefits Administration
Additionally, you can get one of the best talent management modules with Workday HCM with the following capabilities:
- Applicant Tracking System
- Compensation & Performance Management
- Workforce & Succession Planning
- Employee Engagement & Training Management
- Highly customisable
- Global compliance support for several countries
- Adequate integration with third-party apps
- Robust phone and online support
- One of the most expensive solutions
- Lacks transparent pricing
- No free trial
- Difficult to navigate
Why choose Workday HCM?
The best reason for you to pick Workday HCM over BambooHR is that it offers integration of HR, finance, and planning modules in a single package. It is an ideal solution for mid-to-large-sized companies spread over several locations worldwide.
Reviews: Capterra – 4.4/5, G2 – 4/5
Namely is an HR management system that makes your life easier by simplifying HR processes and ensuring compliance. With a user-friendly portal and a focus on employee self-service, 1,400 organisations trust it, so you know it’s got a good track record.
Namely offers handy features like task lists, time off tracking, performance and goal tracking, custom workflows and approvals, employee and manager self-service, compliance database, and electronic signature. But what sets Namely apart is its customisable performance review system. You can easily set, track, and manage goals for your team. Plus, it has a super convenient onboarding process that allows new hires to get up and running without unnecessary paperwork.
- Excellent self-service employee portal
- US and global payroll management
- Customisable performance reviews
- Applicant tracking system not included
- Lack of transparent pricing
- Difficult to get a quote
- Customer support is a hassle
Why Choose Namely?
If you’re looking for employee self-service and a customisable performance review system, Namely is the way to go. If your business is small or mid-sized, it is a great fit for you. Plus, it offers a comprehensive suite of HR tools to help you manage your team effectively.
Reviews: Capterra – 4.2/5, G2 – 4/5
Choose the Right HRMS for Your Business
While BambooHR is a very popular HR application, it is not the only one out there. It has several limitations that can be overcome by using a different HR management solution based on your specific needs.
Here’s a list of factors you should keep in mind for procuring an effective HRM solution for your business:
- Staff size and business requirements
- User interface
- Features and customisations
- Integration capabilities
- HR analytics and data
- Data security and standard compliance
- Demos and user training
- Pricing and customer support
An all-in-one platform like C-PEOPLE can revolutionise all your HR processes. It helps you stay organised, improve communication with your workforce, enhance your HR functions, and give your HR team fewer headaches.
At ContinuSys, business integration is at our core. Our IBMS ecosystem, inclusive of C-PEOPLE HRMS, allows you to build operational resilience against inefficiencies through integrated apps that let you manage all your critical business processes.